Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is one of the latest device that comes with high-end hardware specifications. In this guide we have given easy steps to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow smartphones. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform rooting your Samsung Devices. There are no official CF-Auto-Root package composed for editing Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G for now. CF-Auto-Root file consist of MD5 file and ODIN software. Instead, we will install a pre-rooted firmware which is essentially the same. The zip file is not included TWRP Custom recovery.
Needed before the rooting….
The steps in this guide are for the Samsung Galaxy with the model number S6 Edge SC-04G Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow only and make sure you have the correct model number or you will brick the device. You can find out what the model number of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is by tapping Settings> About device> Model number.
- Users do you have installed the USB drivers on the PC, or your smart phone (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) will not be recognized by the computer. Download USB Drivers here.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery charge, or there is likely to be temporarily bricked (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) if the rooting process is interrupted halfway.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- Download CF Auto Root file for the S6 Edge SC-04G. https://download.chainfire.eu/854/CF-Root1/CF-Auto-Root-sc04g-sc04g-sc04g.zip
- Download Odin 3.09. or Odin3_v3.09.zip
- Right-click on files when you are on the desktop and choose “Extract Here” (CF-Auto-Root-sc04g-sc04g-sc04g.zip) from the menu.
- Double-click the executable Odin (.exe) file that is on the desktop and open Odin flashing tool.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G smartphone and boot it into download mode (see below .. how to).
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G to the computer with the USB cable.
- In Option make sure to ticked Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time only
- Click the PDA / AP button found on the user interface and Odin tar.md5 download the file that is on the desktop.
- Leave all the default settings Odin in the same way they were when you first open the app.
- Click the Start button and the flashing tool Odin apply the pre-rooted firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G.
- Wait until it gives you the message is on the PC and your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G will automatically reboot.
If you get Boot Loop after root your samsung galaxy , read this How to Fix Boot Loop After Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Devices Firmware.
HOW TO ENTER DOWNLOAD MODE ON SAMSUNG GALAXY DEVICES
- Start with the Samsung Galaxy off holding down the power button for ten seconds, or just quickly pressing the power button and choosing to disable the Device Options menu.
- Restart the Samsung Galaxy smartphone by pressing the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons at the same time. Keep the three buttons firmly pressed until you read the next step.
- Continue to hold the buttons until you can see on the screen the first Samsung Galaxy large that tells you to press the Volume Up button.
- Release the 3 buttons – Volume Down + Home + Power – then simply press the Volume Up button by itself.
Disclaimer: The author will not be responsible if you damage or brick your Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G mobile. Do it at your own risk and follow the instructions correctly.
Now you should have no problems installing your applications to the necessary root as Titanium Backup app from the Google Play Store on your new smartphone Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G.
Now you can learn all you need to install TWRP Recovery on the issue value of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G, so you can start taking full backups for the first time without having to use any adb commands. In addition, you might be interested in installing a custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G so you can install new ROMs and out of what Samsung ROM over-inflated that comes with your device off of the box.